So.. this blog is a written (detailed) accounting of my Australian bridging program quest. I'm doing this on my own. Agencies charge extra 100k-200k for processing. My friends, who are already working in Aus, told me to do this on my own as the instructions are direct and easy.
Diagram would be something like...
1) IELTS ---> 2) AHPRA doc. submission --->3) AHPRA replies in 4-6mos ---> 4) if okay, look for Aus School with Bridging Program ---> 5) Get accepted in the school ---> 6)Get back to AHPRA---> 7)cleared ---> 8) Australian Visa ---> 9) 3 Mos bridging program
**Based from what I've gathered, the whole process from start to finish takes about 12 months to 18 months.
- STEP 1: be prepared for the following requirements....
- MONEY..it will cost you 1M to 1.3M (school, processing, lodging, food and others). I heard from someone about a "fly now- pay later" deal on some agencies. Try asking around. They will definitely cost you more but at least you won't have to cough up all that cash on a rush.
- EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year experience is a must. A 2-year tertiary hospital experience might land you job in Australia faster.
- IELTS: Ace the test. You need at least a score of 7 on all categories. IELTS result expire (in 12months?) so make sure you have all your documents ready before you take your IELTS. Your results might expire even before you have the chance to use it.
- STEP 2:Gather all your paper works. (Started on step 2: Aug 14,2013)
- NBI: (fast processing if you go there around 2pm. Processing is brisk. If your name doesn't have a "hit", it would take you 1-2 hours max. If you do have a hit, it will take you a month to get your NBI clearance. They have express processing that cuts the time from 30 days to 20 days) Reg. rate is p115-p160
- School records: Official Transcript of Records. Summary of RLE. Medium of Instruction. Lecture and Laboratory hours. Course description. --Have at least one carbon copy of each page and have stamped as a certified true copy just in case. Paid p932 for everything (depends on the school and their rates)
- ----------------------PRC: (still working on this phase...)---------------
- FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND INSIGHTS!
- I kind of need the help too. I'm so clueless about some of the processes! thanks!
- Step 2: Register for IELTS
- You need to register at least a month in advance before the exams.
- Fee is around p9,000.
- #2 passport size photo (blue or white background) and your passport (bring original and photocopy)
- REVIEW DILIGENTLY especially on the essay part. A lot of my friends told me the essay part is a killer.
- A GRADE OF 7 or more in all categories is required to pass (perfect score is 9)